Monday, October 14, 2013

Story Writing & Concept art

Here's some really quick and crappy concept art for a cutscene.
I've been sketching a lot and I find that I get the best creativity bursts when I'm trying to learn something so I end up forgetting everything I learned in class but I walk out with fistfuls of crumpled note paper about this game. God dammit.

I think pretty soon once all the writing and scripts are finalized I'm gonna need some VA's. No girls unfortunately, all male cast here. Total sausagefest mod. No specific voice types or anything I'm going for, if you know anyone who's a good VA or you yourself are then feel free to leave a comment giving your email or steam somewhere.

I'm hoping to give the story some sort of balance between conciseness and surreality. Make it easy to understand, yet at the same time it just totally fucks with your brain and leaves you unable to think straight for weeks. Sort of like Xavier: Renegade Angel except not totally out there.

I'm thinking of adding another gamemode that basically acts as some sort of arcade action thing and the longer your survive or points you get then you can unlock special items. But that would require a whole lot of console variable fuckery that I probably couldn't manage.

For anyone wanting to write a story and hitting writer's block, a walk for a half an hour works perfect. My best ideas have been formed while walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment