Saturday, October 19, 2013

Overall progress

 A couple personal journal entries with embarrassing info and story spoilers. The only things blacked out are very personal stuff. Good luck reading it though, fuckers!
Slow, but solid. Not a lot to show here sadly, most of the work is story-related and I don't want to spoil it, though I can give hints as to what the progress has been like, perhaps.

I said before, at this game's very conception, it should feel like a game you picked up from your older goth brother's dirty, pot-smelling bedroom floor. It should feel like a game that just comes in a CD that's blank save for sharpie on the front saying "Necropolis." It comes with a broken installation file, and the readme is an HTML page displaying basic enemies and weapons in cryptic paragraphs and weird wording like it was translated from some Eastern European language. The whole game should feel haunting when you play it, like you know you're not supposed to but you're doing it anyway. Like everything is just above your grasp and is just out there, and it always seems too "grown up" and confusing for you.

That's the feel I want for my game. Something obscure and mysterious. Something off-putting and, though not quite horrifying, unnerving and disturbing.

I wonder if I just got rid of all of those elements of the game itself by, as the creator, explaining those elements. Fuck. I hope nobody's reading this blog post.

But if you are remember you can subscribe to its RSS feed via the little button at the very bottom of this page saying subscribe to atom. Then you can receive posts on your phone and all sorts of nifty shit!!!!!!!! Do it now if you're still interested dammit. I don't want to lose fans for this. God forbid I do it's the only thing I have to look forward to anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment