Friday, October 25, 2013

You can call me butter, 'cause I'm on a roll

A test page that may or may not end up in the final game. Notes will be fairly rare though; if you find one, there may be some treasures within the vicinity.
I spent all of today basically fine-tuning the first level of the game. Very little map progress, but made quite a lot of scripting-related feats. I have to thank the man that added custom inventory into the language. All of my cool tricks rely on just giving and taking invisible items from the player's inventory. Sort of similar to setting flags, but in a slightly more but functionally identical system of flags and variables.

The first radio room in the game. See it in action here.

The radio system has been implemented into the game flawlessly. It's a good thing too, because aside from the combat and enemy AI, I considered this system to be probably the biggest scripting feat I'd have to work into the game. Now that it's over with, everything from here on will be much easier to take care of, smooth sailing. The only things I really have to worry about now are voice acting. But I can use Microsoft Sam as a placeholder til then I guess. Or use my own faggy voice. Fuck.

The art style is still under consideration: I don't know whether or not to use drawings (That take a very long time to create but are of immeasurable quality) or to use stylized photographs (Very easy to make, simply requires the right lighting and posing and post-production photo manipulation, but looks sort of lazy and might end up looking corny) but I might combine the two. Or merge them together to make the player not sure if what they're looking at was once a picture or a drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment